Start-up & Small Business Accountant in France
Chartered Accountant (CPA) for Start-ups & Small Businesses in Paris, France
The life of entrepreneurs and start-up founders is dynamic, but also very busy. GAAPWise will be your privileged partner in the key development stages, from the incorporation of the company to the raising of funds.
We have developed services adapted to each stage of your growth. Whether it’s bookkeeping, performance management or part-time outsourced CFO services, we will have an offer tailored to your needs.
We provide you with tools that give you real-time access to financial dashboards. You will be able to monitor your turnover and expenses on a daily basis to make informed decisions.
Tax and Accounting Services for Startups and Small Businesses in France
Digital and cloud-based bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is the process of recording your company’s day-to-day transactions in an orderly fashion. This collection of financial information allows you to manage your business effectively and achieve your goals.
- Creating and recording sales invoices;
- Recording purchase bills;
- Recording expense reports;
- Reconciling bank statements.
At GAAPWise, we use and provide you with modern and innovative tools for the automatic capture of financial data and access to your company’s up-to-date accounting information in near real time.
Statutory annual accounts preparation as per French GAAP
The preparation of the annual accounts is the reason why bookkeeping is necessary in the first place.
In France, the set of annual accounts includes:
- The balance sheet. This document shows what your company owns (assets) and what it owes to third parties (debts) at the end of the year. The difference between the assets and the debts constitutes the equity, which represents the share of the company that goes to the partners if it is positive;
- The income statement shows the performance of the business over the past year. The profit generated or loss incurred is determined by subtracting expenses from total turnover;
- The notes to the accounts describe in more detail certain items that appear on the balance sheet and income statement. They may also include information about items that are not included on the balance sheet and income statement, to improve the decision making of the users of the annual accounts, i.e. banks, customers, suppliers and investors.
GAAPWise prepares your annual accounts according to the Plan Comptable Général (PCG) – the accounting standards applicable in France (French GAAP).
Preparation of tax returns
French companies are subject to several tax filings that must be drawn up according to a very precise schedule. Failure to comply with these obligations can result in heavy financial penalties.
That’s why GAAPWise relieves you of this burden so that you can focus on your business.
The main tax returns for companies in France are:
- Business rates (CFE)
- Companies’ value added contribution (CVAE)
- The corporate tax
- The declaration of professional fees (DAS2)
- Continuing professional development and apprenticeship levies (CUFPA)
- Companies’ social solidarity contribution (C3S)
- Tax on company cars (TVS)
Performance management: reporting and cash flow forecasting
Unlike annual accounts which are drawn up at a specific date in time, management reporting and cash flow forecasts are intended to provide recent and even future information on the performance of the business and its future cash flow needs.
The cash flow forecast shows how much money the business is likely to receive or disburse over a given period. This can help you plan your business strategy in advance to achieve the level of sales that will comfortably meet future expenses.
See our other reporting solutions on the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics page.
Payroll is a sensitive and time-consuming area. We are here to take the burden off your shoulders.
The service includes (but is not limited to):
– Carrying out pre-employment procedures
– Preparing payslips
– Sending the monthly Full Payment Submission (DSN)
– Processing the end or termination of employment contracts (end of fixed-term contract, resignation, redundancy, etc.)
📅 Book your FREE discovery call >
Are you a growing start-up?
Find out more about our part-time CFO & Controller services
29 rue du Colisée